September 28, 2011

It's the Simple Things (Gratitude PhotoJournal):



1. Okay, so I totally borrowed this idea from my local Anthropologie but who hasn't? :) Actually, I've seen a lot of Anthropologie stores with this same "candle in the sand" concept. I loved this Soap and Paper Factory candle so much! It's called Bella and it's a mix of bergamot, grapefruit and black pepper. It's very exotic!  But, there's just something about seeing a candle burning and smelling the sweet scents that puts me in relaxation mode.

2. Ever since I can remember, I've been a magazine fanatic. I even considered getting a Master's in Magazine Journalism at NYU at one point. I love editorial content. I love reading the different articles and seeing how diverse and layered a monthly issue can be. For the majority of this year, work has been all I've had energy for. So I literally had stacks of magazines still in their plastic packages. I finally carved out some time to work through them. Now I have two more (that I know of) at the top of the stack to go through. Yay!!! It's so important to make time for those simple pleasures like perusing through favorite magazines!

3. These gladiator sandals are the most beautiful cobalt blue AND *drumroll please*.....they are SCENTED!!!! I've never heard of scented sandals until I purchased these earlier in the spring. **Warning! I'm about to get sentimental. The scent is reminiscent of the many baby dolls I played with as a little kid. It's so weird but my sensory memory transported me straight to the early 90s when I played with dolls. It made me appreciate the blessings I had as a child. I didn't have to worry about where my next meal was coming from. I had sisters and dolls to have fun with. I had an innocent childhood. I hope to give the same to kids of my own someday.

4. "If you use what little you may have to serve the Lord with all your heart, you will find that He can do great things when you begin to do your part." -Sper.  That's what my handwriting says just in case you can't read it :) I got some news two days ago that was a little upsetting but I decided to actively let God handle it. I felt Him saying that He would take care of it but there were some things I could do to. The next morning, I read  this devotion which further confirmed what I believed the Lord was saying to me. I'm so grateful for God and His lovely way of giving me confirmation.

4 comments:

  1. Cute sandals! (even cuter that they're scented) x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jazzy E- Thank you! I am literally tickled by the concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fellow magazine junkie as well!! Essence, Real Simple,women's Health, Shape, Self,People and Lucky are all of my subscriptions! $20 every year or two years is a small price to pay for the luxury of essentially getting a gift in the mail every month! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magazine junkies unite!!! :) & I LOVE Real Simple!!!

    ReplyDelete