February 20, 2011

"I wake up ready to litigate. You wake up ready to decorate."


One of my favorite hobbies is decorating! I really enjoy the whole process of painting, creating, planning, shopping, and installation. Funny thing is that I know that I'd never want to be an interior decorator for a living. It's something I really would like to keep as a creative hobby. I don't really paint often at all and but every time I decide to pull out a brush, I'm reminded of how therapeutic painting is for me. Just painting a simple sample square in my bathroom was just so relaxing for me. So I'm in the process of decorating my bathroom. It's very manly and burgundy (it used to be my dad's bathroom). So I'm changing it around to fit my taste. I've pulled inspiration from so many different places. I'm still trying to figure out what to do for the shower curtain but I have a solid blueprint for the bathroom and it's accessories! I'm so excited. Can't you tell?! Here are a few of my inspirations for the bathroom:



The color palate of this blanket has my name written all over it. 





Joan & the gang did a makeover on Lynn's apartment. Quite frankly, it's one of my favorite episodes because of the makeover. 





What a beautiful home for all your pistachios, almonds, pecans, and acorns. 



I love how Anthropologie stores their candles in glass cylinders with sand inside; something I will definitely be copying :)




No comments:

Post a Comment