March 11, 2014

Updates & Expectations

So, there is a ton of stuff going on in my life right now! I'm really really excited and busy which partly why the blog has gone on the back burner. So today, I simply wanted to give an update on what's going on with the me & the blog as well as what to expect in the future!





Updates & Expectations
1. One of my dreams was to become a freelance writer. I've been doing that since 2009 but the money was extremely slow. I finally have hustled my way to the point where I can do freelance writer full-time!!! I can't believe it. I am currently juggling the writing as well as other gigs but now, I'm in a position where I've developed enough clients so I can focus 100% of my efforts on writing. My last daytime job ends in July! From July onward, it's completely me full-time! Aaahh!!! I'm so excited! Praise the Lord from whom ALL blessings flow!!! 

2. God has truly been opening doors and showing me different avenues to serve and grow as a Christian. I started a dance ministry last year and it's growing! New members are joining and the old members are growing in their abilities! I'm moving a lot quicker through rehearsals and we're able to do more challenging moves which is really exciting! Our next performance is in two weeks. I can't wait.  I also joined the leadership of my church as an Elder in training. Last year, my senior pastor told me she wanted me to pray about the position and consider it. For many reasons, I knew I needed to do it. The main reason is personal spiritual growth. Our church's motto is prayer, love and service. The position has been stretching me in ways I couldn't have seen coming and it's only March. However, the stretching is a REALLY good thing for me. I'm excited, nervous and super humbled by the opportunity to serve God and my church in a way that forces me to dig deeper into Christ!!! God is really good!!!

3. My #purpleyear journey is going well! I'm taking dance lessons now and it's exciting! I started with Low Intermediate Modern Dance. Even though the classes are a blast, I need the formal education foundation so I'm going to bump myself down to Beginner ballet. I really want to learn the vocabulary as well as the techniques. It's not a journey that will be completed within a year. This is more of a lifetime journey but I'm SOOOO excited and I can't wait to see how I grow as a dancer! 

4. I looked at the bottom of this blog and looked at my feature called "popular posts". I realized that I needed to get back to the root of why I started this blog. I got to a point where I was only talking about God (which isn't a bad thing) but I wasn't doing enough exploring, taste testing, experimenting and [photo] documenting in my life. So, reviews are coming back! More DIYs are coming back and just more fun, creativity as well and more personal posts will be shared. I think it's important to share and be a little bit more vulnerable. It really helps others to break through and part of the way that we will overcome as Christians is by the word of our testimony!

5. You can pin me!!! If you hover your mouse over any image I post, you can bookmark it in your Pinterest boards (if you're on Pinterest). You can also join my email list to the right of this page. Joining the email list guarantees that you won't miss a single DSO post! And no worries, spam won't be involved! This is a #nospamzone!!! 

Three cheers for continuing to dream something up!!! 

Much love,
dani

No comments:

Post a Comment